Being a novice player you have to take into account some fundamental elements: a long presence on the market, positive opinions on forums and casino review sites, Aams license, payout percentages published on the home page, playthrough not too high (if you play with bonus) and last but not least excellent customer support.
Let’s analyze each of the points just mentioned:
- gaming license – all online casinos by law must have a license for online gaming recognized by Italian laws, otherwise, they operate illegally. The only license valid in Italy is that of the Aams issued by the Customs and Monopoly Agency.
- “seniority” factor – it may seem futile to you, but as you are a beginner it is better to play in a room that has been on the market for a few years. If a casino has been online for a long time it means that it has withstood the competition of the market, and if it has withstood the competition of the market it has done so because it has not had problems of a legal or economic nature. Nothing against it with baby online casinos but let the more experienced players judge them.
- payout percentage – it is not an option at the discretion of the casino but it is required by law to publish on the home page of the site the payout percentages ( the ratio between the total amount wagered and the winnings paid by the casino ) for all games . This way you can see the casino’s average payout percentage and decide whether to play it or not.
- playthrough – if you decide to take advantage of the bonus then choose a casino with a playthrough value not exceeding 25x. This will make it easier to reach the minimum number of bets required to withdraw the winnings obtained by using the bonus.
- software – the first few times it is better to play in casinos that use software of some popularity this because they are often more fluid in the game sessions or in the lobby if you decide to download the dealer. They also have graphics that are more friendly to less experienced users. Some of the most popular software on the Italian market are PlayTech, MicroGaming, IGT and Betsoft.
customer service – the last point in searching for an online casino is its customer service. The best casinos have 24/7 customer service available via email and telephone number or instant chat. When clear answers are given with simple and understandable explanations, it is a very positive and comforting sign.